Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ski Season is here, or so it seems

New skis have shown up, new boots have shown up, and nobody seems to care about the fact that you can find killer deals on summer clothes. I love this time of the year, when people start getting all amped up for ski season, even when we really won't have snow for another 2 months or so.

I used to ski every month of the year, and for 36 months, no matter how much snow there was, i would try and hunt down a place to go, whether it be St. Mary's Glacier, or Rollins Pass or some 14er with a Couloir. Last September I missed my first month in 36, and then my streak was ruined. October didn't see a single day because of the lack of snow, but then november and december blew in some good snow. I am hoping that this year the snow starts early, because I want to go out and get after it.

While looking for photos for ads, I came across a couple from last season that I really liked, and as it turns out, one of the photos that Bent Gate is using for the Backcountry Gear Guide ad is of me in some blower pow. i am pretty excited.

Well, pray for snow, continue enjoying bikes, and start waxing those skis.

No comments:

Post a Comment