Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekends

My wonderful girlfriend came out to visit me this weekend, and we did a lot of colorado-y things, like eating, mountain biking, hanging out in the hammocks, and going to micro-breweries. We went to the train museum, and we went biking at Buffalo Creek, where unfortunately it was really sandy. Emily had never been on a mountain bike before, and she did great! The first part of the trail, she was totally rocking, and then once she started to fall a couple of times and the trail got really bad, she started to get a little nervous, which is understandable. I hate falling, but she kept getting right back on....

I brought my attorney with me, just to be on the safe side, and my rocket scientist, in case we had any emergencies. The last little bit of the trail was more a road, but Emily was doing really well, until she hit a nice big patch of deep sand. I turned around just in time to see her super-manning right into the road. by the time i got to her, there was blood on the ground, and it was dripping down her arm!

We took a little break, and she started to walk the bike, but then decided to get right back on and start riding, because walking was taking too long! I am so proud of her!

We then made some chili, at a lot of food, and went to a couple of parties! All in all, it was a great weekend!




Then we went to the train museum, and saw lots of trains, and hung out in a hammock and played with my big shaggy dog...


No comments:

Post a Comment