Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

i like turkey. i like cranberry sauce. i am grateful for thanksgiving, and all that I have good in my life.

Every year our family gets together and causes some trouble, plays some beer pong, and drinks ourselves silly. Normally there are a lot of people a lot of plates of food, and what some may think is waaaaay to many dinner rolls. I am of the opinion that there are never too many dinner rolls. My favorite part about thanksgiving besides hanging out and beating my mom and aunt in beer pong is the after dinner turkey sandwiches. Dinner rolls cut in half, 1 piece of lettuce, and some leftover turkeys. Even after eating about 1lb of turkey and 2 lbs of potatos and about 12 cookies, i am normally good for about 6 or 7 of Howie's after dinner sandwiches.

Mean Steve (who is not really mean) will drink his grolsch beer and will probably pinch people who are causing trouble, but then he will go around with a video camera and ask everyone what they are thankful for. Some people say turkey, others say family. A few will say the booze that we are drinking, and others will be thankful for their newborns or their puppies or their girlfriends or new wives or husbands.

I am not quite sure what I will have as a response this year, but if I beat my mom in beer pong, I will surely be thankful for that.

for your enjoyment, here are a couple of photos of previous year's thanksgivings...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment