Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Soup, Sandwiches and Skiing

1 of these is not like the other. Or are they all the same? They all begin with S, they are all things that bring me energy, and they are all things I can accomplish in a day. Sometimes I eat sandwiches while I ski, and sometimes I eat soup while I ski, and sometimes I eat soup and sandwiches and dont ski.

We went out for a tour on Saturday up at Berthoud Pass, and the weather was perfect. In the 30's bluebird, and the snow was decent. We started out a little slow, dealing with some of the traffic and what not from other ski areas, but we had fun. We sat at the top of the climb and busted out the jetboil and boiled up some soup for the ramen, pad thai, and other such yummies. Spinach wraps, chocolates, etc. it was like we were going on a picnic, not going skiing.

But all good things must come to an end, so we packed up our bags, put on our skis, and took some photos, which will be posted below. All in all, it was a great day of skiing with friends.... oh wait, we did play around in some avalanche debris, which was interesting to see what the layers were doing. Some pretty big slides, started by skiers, as well as a bunch of natural avy slides. Please people, if you are going to do stupid things, don't do them near me. I don't like having to ski along and then suddenly start thinking that you might be buried under the snow below me.... be smart, not stupid.

Sandwiches are pretty awesome... so are burritos, but in a battle, i think that a sandwich could take it... but that might be for a different blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment